Comox Valley Regional District Area A Director.
Daniel Arbour, MA in Environment & Sustainability, was elected as Comox Valley Regional District Area A Director on October 20th, 2018. Prior to his new role as elected representative, Daniel was the Economic Development Officer with HICEEC on Hornby Island, as well as the General Manager of the Hornby Festival. From 2007 to 2014 he worked for Ecotrust Canada on sustainable forestry, energy, and fisheries initiatives out of Tofino and Vancouver. He has worked at the local, provincial, national, and international levels, with expertise in program development and financial management.
Since 2002, Daniel’s home base is Hornby Island, where he lives with his wife and two children. He is the soccer coach for the Hornby kids, and can sometimes be found fishing off Tribune Bay.
As Area A Director, Daniel serves on the following Boards and Committees:
- Comox Valley Regional District Board
- Chair, Comox Valley Sports Centre Commisssion
- Comox Valley Water Committee
- Comox Strathcona Hospital District Board
- Comox Strathcona Waste Management Board
- Comox Valley Economic Development Society
- Committee of the Whole (CVRD-wide shared services, such as Transit)
- Electoral Areas Committee (Area A, B, and C… mostly planning, development, and Rural OCP)
In addition, Daniel is the CVRD representative on the following external Boards and Committees:
- Executive, Vancouver Island Regional Library
- Board of Directors, Island Corridor Foundation
- AVICC Representative: Department of Fisheries – Shellfish Aquaculture Management Advisory Committee