Comox Valley Regional District Area A Director.
Daniel Arbour, MA in Environment & Sustainability, was elected as Comox Valley Regional District Area A Director in 2018. Prior to this, from 2014 to 2018 Daniel was the Economic Development Officer with HICEEC on Hornby Island, as well as the General Manager of the Hornby Festival. From 2007 to 2014 he worked for Ecotrust Canada on sustainable forestry, energy, and fisheries initiatives out of Tofino and Vancouver. He has worked at the local, provincial, national, and international levels, with expertise in program development. In 2020, Daniel returned to school to complete a certificate in Public Policy Analysis at the London School of Economics.
Daniel moved to Hornby Island in 2002. He has been the soccer coach for the Hornby kids since 2015, and can sometimes be found fishing off Tribune Bay. Since becoming elected at the CVRD, Daniel now splits his time between town and Hornby, making him available to represent and attend regional or Denman/Hornby events weekly.
As Area A Director, Daniel serves on the following Boards and Committees:
- Comox Valley Regional District Board
- Chair, Comox Valley Sports Centre Commisssion
- Comox Valley Water Committee
- Comox Strathcona Hospital District Board
- Comox Strathcona Waste Management Board
- Comox Valley Economic Development Society
- Committee of the Whole (CVRD-wide shared services, such as Transit)
- Electoral Areas Committee (Area A, B, and C… mostly parks, community services, planning, development, and Rural OCP)
In addition, Daniel serves on the following external Boards and Committees:
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities – Board, and Chair of Municipal Infrastructure and Transportation Committee
- Executive Member, Vancouver Island Regional Library
- Board of Directors, Island Corridor Foundation
- AVICC Representative: Department of Fisheries – Shellfish Aquaculture Management Advisory Committee
- Co-Chair – Baynes Sound Ecosystem Forum